WNBA Power Rankings: Minnesota Lynx are taking the leap
This week on the Over and Back Podcast we have more NBA history with a look at playoff buzzer-beaters, this time looking at second round, conference semifinal and conference final series clinchers!
Our series on NBA playoff buzzer beaters continues with a look at second round, semifinals and conference finals series-clinchers.
Shots discussed in this episode include:
- Tom Heinsohn concluding the very first Bill Russell vs. Wilt Chamberlain playoff series in 1960 with a huge shot to win it for the Boston Celtics.
- Kawhi Leonard‘s baseline jumper over the stretched-out arm of Joel Embiid hits the rim four times before finally falling in and moving the Toronto Raptors past the Philadelphia 76ers in 2019.
- Jo Jo White‘s anti-climatic free-throw series clincher in 1974 against the Buffalo Braves that had Jack Ramsey livid.
- Michael Jordan puts a dagger in the Cleveland Cavaliers’ hearts again—Gerald Wilkins does all he can to stop it but alas, Jordan does it again.
- Ralph Sampson helps the Hakeem Olajuwon and the young Houston Rockets upset the juggernaut Los Angeles Lakers in 1986 with an improbable shot to win it.
- After years of failing to clinch their ticket to the NBA Finals, Mario Elie and Charles Barkley have a defensive miscommunication giving John Stockton a wide-open three and Utah Jazz their first finals berth in franchise history.
NBA playoff buzzer-beaters: First-round series clinchers: https://fansided.com/2021/06/23/nba-playoff-buzzer-beaters-first-round-series-clinchers/
Subscribe to our NBA history podcast
Thanks for listening, downloading, subscribing and supporting!