US Open playoff rules: Tiebreaker format for US Open
Is Chipotle open on Juneteenth?
Chipotle is one fast food place that made a lot of changes to honor Juneteenth in 2021. According to their own site, the company took several steps to honor the new federal holiday.
Some of those actions include:
- A new Employee Resource Group has been formed
- Pledging $250,000 to improve our communities through grants
- Provide access to voter registration and education on the importance of voting
- Pledged $1,000,000 in support of organizations advocating against issues like racism and inequality
- Employees are invited to share their thoughts about what’s happening all over the world
All of these changes took place in 2021 when the holiday was officially made federal.
Chipotle Juneteenth hours: Is Chipotle open or closed on Juneteenth 2022?
If you are a fan of the Mexican chain, you will be happy to learn that they will be open on both Sunday, June 19 (the actual day) and Monday, June 20 (the day it’s being recognized this year).
What is Juneteenth?
According to History.com, Juneteenth is short for June 19, which was when “federal troops arrived in Galveston, Texas in 1865 to take control of the state and ensure that all enslaved people be freed.” This is a significant day in American history as “the end to slavery in the United States and is considered the longest-running African American holiday.” It was made a federal holiday in 2021.